Extra by Red River Mutual
We are pleased to offer ‘Extra’, an enhanced home insurance policy designed for high-value homeowners who take those extra steps to avoid losses in the first place.
- You’ve worked extra hard to get where you are today
- You pay extra attention to keep your family and home safe
- You deserve some extra protection
‘Extra’ provides exceptional protection and peace-of-mind.
- Extra liability coverage
- Extra coverage for Equipment Breakdown
- Extra Sewer Backup coverage
- Extra coverage for yard equipment
- Extra protection for your university student living away from home
- Plus many other Extras
Contact your local Insurance Broker to see if your home qualifies.
Standard Package Policies
These policies provide named perils coverage on both dwelling and personal property. Types of coverage include:
- Fire or lightning
- Falling object
- Impact by aircraft, spacecraft or land vehicle
- Vandalism or malicious acts
- Water escape, rupture, freezing
- Glass breakage
- Windstorm or hail
- Theft, including damage caused by attempted theft
- Damage caused by bears
- Weight of ice, snow or sleet
- Collapse of part or entire building
- Sudden and accidental damage from artificially generated electrical current
- Escape of fuel oil
Broad Package Policies
Our Broad package policies provide:
- Named perils coverage on personal property as listed in our Standard Package
- All-risk coverage on dwellings
Comprehensive Package Policies
These package policies provide:
- All-risk coverage on both the dwelling and personal property
Condominium Unit Owner Package Policy *
In addition to all the types of coverage provided in our regular package policies, our condominium unit owners package policies also include the following at no additional charge:
Improvements and betterments
We will pay for an additional amount of up to 100% of the amount of insurance on your personal property for improvements and betterments you make to the unit.
Loss Assessment coverage
Up to 250% of the amount of coverage on personal property is included for payment of special assessments levied against the unit owner made necessary by direct loss or damage by an insured peril covered by the policy to the collectively owned condominium property.
Condominium Additional Coverage
Up to 250% of the amount of coverage is also included for payment if the condominium corporation has no insurance or its insurance is inadequate or is not effective.
Under our loss assessment coverage we will pay up to a total of the limit of the legal liability coverage for your share of special assessments.
* This coverage also applies to life lease occupancies.
Our package policies also include the following at no additional charge:
- Enhanced special limits on Broad and Comprehensive Packages
- $1,000,000 personal liability coverage (with the option to increase to 2,000,000 or 5,000,000)
- $1000 voluntary medical payments
- $250 voluntary property damage coverage
- Coverage for detached private structures
- Coverage for additional living expenses
- Coverage for personal property temporarily removed
- Debris removal after an insured loss (additional 5%)
- Emergency entry property damage
- Personal property of students away from home
- Personal property of an insured or parent in a nursing home
- Replacement cost on contents
- Inflation guard endorsement
- Credit card, bank card coverage
- Fire department charges coverage
- Home freezer & food spoilage coverage
- Lock repair and replacement coverage
- Disappearing deductible if a fire loss is $10,000 or more
- Mass evacuation coverage
Optional Coverage for package policies
The following optional coverage can be added to any of our package policies
- Single inclusive limits
- Enhanced special limits (incl. on Broad or Comprehensive Packages)
- Identity theft endorsement (incl. on Broad or Comprehensive Packages, except Seasonal)
- Guaranteed rebuilding cost
- Sewer back-up
- Reduced glass deductible
- Building by-laws
Certain limitations or exclusions may apply. Actual policy wordings govern.
Our floater coverages and endorsements provide additional coverage for items that may have a special limit of insurance or may not otherwise be covered under our package policies. These floaters include:
- Personal articles floater (e.g. jewellery, furs, cellular telephones, stamps, musical instruments and photography equipment)
- Boat and motor floater (including Jet Skies and personal water crafts)
- Fine art floater
- Sports equipment floater
- Personal computer floater
- Eye glasses and/or hearing aid floater
- Motorized vehicle floater
- Bicycle floater
If your home is less than 20 years old and the estimated replacement value is $250,000 or higher (effective August 1, 2011) you may also qualify for our enhanced homeowners coverage that includes, at no additional charge:
- $1,000 voluntary property damage coverage
- Our single inclusive limits endorsementmor
- Personal liability coverage increased to $2,000,000
- Guaranteed rebuilding cost endorsement
- $50 glass deductible endorsement
- $10,000 voluntary medical payments coverage
Our package policies provide the best possible coverage for your premium. In addition to our competitive rates, you may also qualify for one or more of our policy discounts. These include:
Claims Free Discount
We offer both a 10% – 3 year and 15% – 5 year “claims free” discount for policy holders who have had insurance coverage for 3 to 5 consecutive years with no claims. As an added feature, wind and hail are not considered as claims against this discount (Available in Manitoba Only).
New Home Discount
If your home is less than 30 years old you will qualify for up to a 20% discount to your homeowners premium.
Mortgage Free Discount
If your owner occupied home is mortgage free, you qualify for a 10% discount (not applicable to mobile homes).
We offer a 15% discount to your homeowners premium if a central monitored burglary alarm has been installed in your dwelling and a 5% discount for a local alarm system.
Mature Citizens Discount
If you are 50 years of age or older you qualify for an additional 10% discount. This increases to 15% at age 60.
If you choose to increase your policy deductible from our standard deductible we will discount your policy premium, relative to the amount of the increase requested.
Up to two rental properties can be added to your Homeowners Package policy. Talk to your broker about coverage and rating information.
You can add coverage to your homeowners package policy for the following:
- Seasonal dwelling
- Trailer (blocked & skirted)
- Seasonal dwelling contents
You may qualify for our Seasonal Homeowners Package. Talk to your broker for more details.
Premiums may be paid as follows:
- To your broker in a lump sum payment
- Through our Pre-Authorized Chequing Plan (PAC Plan)
- By credit card
Our PAC plan allows customers to pay for their insurance on a monthly basis by having payments withdrawn automatically from their bank accounts. A small service fee applies.